The information you share with Masterpiece Antiques allows us to provide you the products and services you are searching for, while enjoying an exclusive, unique shopping experience.
• Types of Information We Collect
• How We Collect Your Personal Information
• How We Use Your Information
• Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
• Your Controls and Choices
• Data Security, Integrity and Retention
• Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
• Comments and Questions
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information.We collect the following categories of information:
• Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
• Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, through our website including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
• Information you provide to us when you use our site, our application on platforms such as social networking sites
• Location information when you visit our site or use our application, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with our site or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
• Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our site or open emails we send
2. How We Collect Your Information
• We collect information through technology, such as cookies and Flash cookies, including Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”): Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transfered to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymisation is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
For more information around Google Analytics please click:
• We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. How We Use Your Information
• Provide you with the products and services you request
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites or changes to our policies
• Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
• Send you offers and promotions for our products and services
- Personalize content and experiences
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our site.
• Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside Masterpiece Antiques except in limited circumstances, including:
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that
they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
• Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
• When we cooperate with financial institutions to offer our services to you, such as our Escrow Service, however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the financial institutions are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the service.
• When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and shipping companies; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
• You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
• You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
• You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
• You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting Costumer Services, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver our products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Customer Services.
6. Data Security, Integrity and Retention
7. Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
9. Comments and Questions